Saturday, June 03, 2006

Space-Age Wear Redux


The younger Space Age daughter recently helped her Girl Scout Daisy troop hold a mother-daughter tea to round out the Girl Scout year. We all dressed in our summer finery, hats mandatory. So what does a Space Age Housewife wear to such an affair? A brand-new hat.

I didn't have a hat, so my little Daisy and I trotted ourselves to Macy's for an afternoon of hat-shopping. We tried on style after style, giggling, preening, and admiring row after row of pretty hats, some plain, some beribboned, some broad, some narrow.

Finally, we settled on one, a light straw hat with a sage green ribbon, tied in a bow in the back. Wanting to treat the Space Age Girl to a new hat of her own, we followed our jaunt to Macy's with a stop at Gymboree, where we found a floppy rainbow-hued straw hat for her.

We made quite a pair at the tea, where my dainty young lady served me cookies, fruit, fancy red punch, and homemade candies.

4 comments:

preTzel said...

What wonderful memories she'll have of this and you look great!!!

jouettelove said...

what a fun day for you and your little girl, you deserve it. thoughts for you all, hun.

Danger's mom said...

You look beautiful! What a fun day.

Michelle said...

Sounds like my kind of day...me being a "hat girl" and all!