Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Sad

My girl left me a text message earlier. We had talked on the phone this evening, and some time afterward, she sent me the message. She wants her Mama.

She hurts.

I hurt.

We are separated by some 1500 miles, and while she is halfway through her first pregnancy and in the midst of planning her wedding, I am much too far away. She wants to share these experiences with me. She wants me there.

And I want to be.

How could I not? She's my baby. Her message was anguished, and I felt it acutely. We talk all the time, but it's not the same. It will never be the same. It hurts like hell to have one foot in Idaho and one foot in Minnesota.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I had one foot in MN and one in CT when I was 20-something, pregnant with my first and planning my wedding. My momma was in MN. I completely understand the angst and hurt from the daughter side of your story. Hugs to you and K, and I hope you are both able to get a "fix" of each other soon.

~Angela

Jane Lebak said...

**hugs** I'm sorry. It's tough to be separated during times of so much change and wonder. :(

Luna said...

I'm in MN, and if there is *anything* I can do to help you out, let me know. Lord knows that with what's going on with me right now, I am more than willing to spend sometime and effort to make someone whom I care about's life a little easier if I can!

nolechica said...

*hugs* I hope things get easier for you two later. However, I must admit that one foot in Idaho and one foot in Minnesota provided an interesting mental picture that makes me hope you're flexible. ;-)

nolechica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.