Saturday, October 22, 2005

Halloweenies

The Halloween party was last night.

I couldn't wear the costume I'd bought.

When I pulled it out of the package, I could see there was a problem. The top was too big, the bottom was too small, and you could see through everything. Because Mr. Sloane was dressing as a blonde version of Eric Carr of KISS, I thought I'd try to dress like a groupie, circa late 1970s. With pink hair. I definitely wanted to wear the wig.

Using clothes I actually already had around the house, I managed to put together an acceptable little number with shorts and boots. I was gratified when, at the party, two people asked me if I was supposed to be the woman from Alias.

"Uh...yeah. Yeah, that's it," I answered with a wink.

What a party. It looked as though our hosts had spent a week decorating in Late Modern Creepy. There were candles on just about every available surface. Even the food dishes sported plastic spiders on top.

We ate. We drank. We laughed. We stayed out much too late, and that pink-haired chick had just a leeeeetle too much of that cranberry/vodka/lemon concotion...it was an ideal party.

Next week? Children's parties!

No comments: