Friday, September 22, 2006

It really is autumn...

...And I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Gymnastics. Girl Scouts. Two PTA committees. Sunday School. Beyond that, a wedding to attend and at least two major scrapbook events.

Who am I, and what have I done with myself?

I have two corkboards above my desk - one for the children's school activities and one for the various extracurriculars. Two calendars. Two coupons tacked up that I will probably never use, one haircut appointment card, and a reminder to call the dentist.

I re-upped at the gym and my husband bought an elliptical. I'm into two books at once, one fiction and one true crime.

All I really want to do sometimes is sit here and goldbrick.

I made pumpkin bread the other day. Two loaves from scratch. It was delicious. I wanted more today, but my trip to the mall during school hours (a vain search for a dressy fall jacket for Little Miss Space Age), five big loads of laundry, and a grocery run with The Boy in tow precluded my cooking it from scratch. Anticipating this, I bought the Williams Sonoma Pumpkin Pecan Spice Bread mix. The whole house smells of it now. I'm saving it for supper though, to be served with chicken chili. Mr. Space Age would never forgive me if he came home to the smell of pumpkin bread and I had eaten it all!

The laundry needs to be finished, and I did leave one of the bathrooms upstairs in half-cleaned fashion, blue Lysol still doing its best to cling to the side of the bowl. I'm wondering how long I can sit here before I give in to the call of anti-bacterial duty.

I'd goldbrick some more for the moment, but The Boy is at my elbow. "Now can I have my Danimals, Mom? Please? Now? Now? Now? Now? Now? Now?"

PTA, pumpkin, Lysol and Danimals.

They'll get you every time.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I haven't begun baking yet, but I saw a sign for "Fresh homemade Pumpkin Bread" at a local deli and thought, ahhh it's time! I plan on baking some for our PTO's bake sale coming up.

This is definitely a busy time of year.