Friday, January 27, 2006

Coffee Cake and June Cleaver

Coffee cake is a perfect food. Coffee cake is an unsung hero, never quite getting its due in the praise department.

Coffee cake can be anything: breakfast, coffee break snack, brunch, dessert, midnight craving buster, comforter of the distraught. Coffee cake is the most versatile cake in the world. All you need is one basic recipe, some imagination, and coffee cake can take you anywhere. Yesterday I baked chocolate swirl coffee cake, rich with chocolate, coconut, and walnuts. Tomorrow I may make orange coffee cake with orange caramel topping or cherry coffee cake, blueberry buckle, or banana pineapple. I could also make comforting coffee cake with a traditional cinnamon streusel or a homey apple-topped coffee cake for the after school hours.

Coffee cake is easy, too. Easy, easy, easy. So easy, I can do it with one apron tied behind my back...

Someday, I will write an Ode To Coffee Cake. Coffee cake deserves at least that much.

Incidentally, I took the TV Mom quiz this morning. I am June Cleaver. Is anyone really surprised by that? (Not the coffee cake lovers, I suppose.)

5 comments:

preTzel said...

I'm Roseanne. No shock there. :)

Kate said...

I'm Roseanne, too. June, can I have some of that lucious coffee cake??

Momma Star said...

I'm Marge Simpson. :pout:

And you don't even want to know how many miles I'd have to walk if I were to make coffee cake that frequently.

lemony said...

Lorelai Gilmore. I have no idea who that is but they tell me she's the cool mom so I'll take it.

Is that bad?

xoxo

Space Age Housewife said...

No, that's not bad, Lemony!

It's Gilmore Girls. I've never watched it, but it's got quite the following.

I'm sure June would be happy to offer Lorelei, Marge, and all the Roseannes some coffee cake.

:D