Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm the "It" girl!

Okay. All right. Yes. I know it's not as glamorous as it sounds. I'm not exactly the "It girl"...just..."it."

Apparently I have been tagged to answer the following questions, AND tag somebody else. I don't even know who has already been tagged! I don't know that many people! I can serve atomic appetizers for 20 and have the laundry ironed before The Price Is Right is over, but tag games...? *vapors*

I'm not sure I'm up to it.

Nevertheless...Momma Star tagged me, so I'll play.

What were you doing 10 years ago? Lessee...I was 29 years old. I had given up my radio career to return home to Minnesota. I was a working single mother.
What were you doing 1 year ago? Why, exemplifying the Space Age Housewife, of course.


Five snacks I enjoy
1. Bagels
2. Popcorn
3. Pretzels with honey mustard
4. Chili cheese pie with bite size Tostitos (yes, you can have the recipe)
5. Shredded wheat with milk

Five songs to which I know all the lyrics
1. I need A Lover
2. Allison Road
3. Here Comes My Baby
4. Sneaky Snake
5. Ring Of Fire

Five things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. Move to Minnesota
2. Pay off my parents' mortgage
3. Write a book
4. Pay for all of my children to go to college
5. Maybe go to college myself

Five bad habits
1. I talk too much
2. Ummm...
3. Ummmmmm...
4. Ummmmmmmm....
5. Procrastination. Sometimes. Not every day. Maybe tomorrow.

Five things I like doing
1. Reading - books, magazines, newspapers, the 'net, cereal boxes, cookbooks, whatever
2. Cooking and baking
3. Collecting vintage kitchen items/radios/memorabilia/ephemera - post WWII to early 70s mostly
4. Playing darts
5. Exercising

Five things I would never wear, buy or get new again
1. High waisted, tapered leg, light wash jeans
2. Stirrup pants
3. High top sneakers
4. Orangey red lipstick
5. Elastic belts

By the way, if Momma Star doesn't want to wear aprons ever again, she can feel free to pass hers along to me.

Five favorite toys
1. My computer
2. Cutting tools for making scrapbooks
3. I'd say my KitchenAid mixer like others have done, but that's not really a toy, is it? It's a genuine heartpounding necessity.
4. Handheld Yahtzee game...it's perfect for those times I have to wait for something or someone
5. Free weights

So here’s the deal: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot

So, it’s come down to this
OmegaMom
All Hail Suburbia!
Swingin' on a Star
Space Age Housewife

Then select five people to tag:

DesertRat
Halushki's Done
Straight Talkin' Mom
Picture Maven
Shandy Land

2 comments:

preTzel said...

You like me with honey mustard? Yikes!~

Space Age Housewife said...

Or should that say "with mustard, honey"?

;)