Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"I would walk 500 miles..."

That's the goal. 500 miles.

I exercise six days a week. My primary form of exercise is via Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds workouts, combining cardio activity with muscle strengthening. The workouts are measured in miles.

I'm looking at my 40th birthday this year, and it seemed appropriate to set a goal for myself: something for me, something that would emphasize health, vitality, strengh, and vibrancy. So I looked to my workouts for inspiration. And I got little push from The Proclaimers too.

Walking 500 miles from January first to my birthday in June is an aggressive goal. I need aggressiveness and accountability to make it work, so I'll periodically share my progress here. I'm counting Walk Away The Pounds miles, walks/jogs/runs taken outside or on an indoor track, and miles accumulated via treadmill or elliptical. I'm not counting the miles walked throughout the course of a typical day just doing what I do (housework, shopping, that sort of thing).

Since the beginning of the year, I've got 30 miles under my belt...only 470 to goal...

The subject of 40 itself? That's a post for another day.

1 comment:

josetteplank.com said...

You need to walk to Pennsylvania where we'll have a blow-out 40th birthday bash. I'd walk to you, but...well...you know. ;-)

BTW, I'm confident that you can do it.